time for a break
How many will you get right? Come on Mate. Give it a guess if you don't know.
See also Australia's Highest and Biggest
Click on your choice and a pop-up message will tell you if you got it right.
1. Which state shares a border with all the mainland states and the Northern Territory in Australia?
2. Which state has the longest border of all the Australian states and territories?
New South Wales
3. Australia is the lowest continent in the world. What is its average elevation?
4. The world's highest mountain is Mount Everest at 8,848 metres. How does this compare to Australia's Mount Kosciuszko?
2 times as high
3 times as high
4 times as high
5 times as high
5. What is the highest point in Australia?
Mount Kosciuszko in New South Wales
Mount Isa in Queensland
Mawson Peak on Heard Island
6. How long is the Murray-Darling river system measured from its source in Queensland to its mouth on the coast south-east of Adelaide?
2,798 kilometres long
3,370 kilometres long
4,169 kilometres long
5,002 kilometres long
7.What is the largest desert in Australia?
Simpson in Queensland, South Australia and Northern Territory
Tanami in Northern Territory
Gibson in Western Australia
Great Sandy in Western Australia
Great Victoria in Western Australia and South Australia
8. Apart from Antarctica, Australia is the driest continent in the world. Because it receives so little rain, about 35 % of the continent is effectively desert. In total, 70 % of mainland Australia receives how much rain?
less than 50 cm (19.7 inches) of rain annually
less than 75 cm (29.5 inches) of rain annually
less than 122 cm (48.0 inches) of rain annually
less than 200 cm (78.7 inches) of rain annually
back to Try a Quiz main page
Kids Play Jokes
• Voice of Australians
• Uniquely Australian
• Tall Poppy
• Australian Cards
ALLdownunder.com.au Website designed & managed by Lady Luck Enterprises